The activities of the Association shall be directed at securing an improvement in the general welfare of mentally handicapped children /persons regardless of the degree of handicap, its cause or classification and whether or not the child /person lives at home or in an institution.
- To secure for all handicapped children/persons the benefits of care, treatment, education and training appropriate to their disability; and to encourage the development of statutory voluntary efforton their behalf.
- To promote and stimulate research into cause , cure prevention of mental handicapped and into the development of locally appropriate methods of treatment, education and vocational training of handicapped /persons.
- To develop a better public understanding of the needs of mentally handicapped children/persons through mass media publication etc.
- To encourage parents of mentally handicapped children/persons to be members of the Association in the interest of their mentally handicapped children/ persons.
- To solicit funds and to acquire property for the accomplishment of the above purpose.
- To do all such lawful activities as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of its objectives.